WinAudit Freeware v3.0.8
WinAudit is an inventory utility for Windows computers. It creates a comprehensive
report on a machine's configuration, hardware and software. WinAudit is free,
open source and can be used or distributed by anyone.
It is used by IT experts in academia, government, industry as well as security conscious
professionals in the armed services, defence contractors, electricity generators and
WinAudit is free software made with free software and housed on Microsoft's open
source Codeplex repository. Thanks Bill!
• Easy to use
• No setup
• Save as csv, rtf and html
• Send by e-mail
• Database export
• Command line
• European Union Public License
|WinAudit.exe v3.0.8||MD5: 92ADE3B6212B1E6EC3EE3A140CBF80AC|
In Version 3.0.8
• Bug fix: Missing Automatic Updates in SQL report (thanks RedErik)
In Version 3.0
• Bug fix: Monitor detection bug (thanks Jiri S.).
• Bug fix: Missing Windows Product ID on some systems (thanks Jiri S.).
• Bug fix: ISO8601 conformat timestamps for SQL Server (thanks Miroslav P.).
• Added: IP Routing table (thanks James R. for suggestion).
• Dropped: Support for Windows version prior to XP.
• Dropped: Printing.
• Dropped: Export data to Oracle™ database.
• Dropped: Save report in chm, pdf and formatted text and xml formats.
• Dropped: The lengthy tasks of finding files and listing system files.
• Changed: Command line options.
• Added: OLE DB Drivers.
• Added: Timestamps in the command line (thanks Aaron J. for suggestion and testing).
• Added: Support for PostgreSQL (thanks Lukasz Dargiewicz for suggestion and testing).
• Bug Fix: Missing manufacturer name in data posted to database (thanks Aaron J.)
• Bug Fix: Output file path truncation at full stop (thanks Ken C.).
• Added: Additional security related policies and settings.
• Added: Detect software installed by the current user.
CNET: Editor reviewed - outstanding
BEW Global: Digital Forensics and Data Leakage Protection - Best Practices, 2011
e-fense: Included on Helix Live CD
Jones & Bartlett Learning: Laboratory Manual to Accompany System Forensics, vLab Solutions Staff
MajorGeeks: 5 star rating
Malware Forensics: Investigating and Analyzing Malicious Code, Page 85, Cameron et al.
Maximum PC: Annual softy award, 2007
Redmond Magazine: Productivity on the Go, 2006
Smart Computing: July 2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, Page(s) 56-60 in print issue
Snapfiles: Must have freeware app
Softpedia: 100% clean of malware
Southern Illinois University: Recommend by their information security team
UBCD4Win: Included on Ultimate Boot CD for Windows
us-cert.gov: Non-Traditional Uses of Forensics in Security Analysis, Kaplan and Bittner, 2013
Windows ITPro: Recommended by Douglas Toombs